How to Wear a Backless Dress
It’s almost summer which can only mean one thing, ladies – it’s time to break out your backless dresses.
We love this long white backless maxi dress - click to view
However, if you’ve been blessed with breasts that are, let’s say, on the larger side, it can be tempting to shy away from outfits with cut out backs or halterneck dresses because of the lack of support if you go braless.
Would you rock this wine red bodycon mini dress? Click to view!
Well panic no more as WhatLovely have done a little research for you and come up with five ways for you to rock a backless dress – no matter what the size of your ‘girls’!
Click on this black & pink flower print maxi halterneck to buy it
- First of all if you really can’t face the thought of going braless, why not wear your backless dress with a contrasting bra, or camisole or crop top and own the look?
- Alternatively, wear the dress with a bra that is color coordinated and make it part of the outfit.
- If you want to ditch the bra altogether but you’re worried you won’t have enough support, you could buy some sew-in cups and stitch them (or ask someone else to stitch them for you!) into your backless dress.
Get your sexy on in this black wet look backless halterneck dress
- Another option is to go full on Kim Kardashian and use tape to hold your boobies in place! This basically involves running duct tape from your shoulders down to your under boob so that everything stays in place under your dress. We strongly advise covering your nipples up with adhesive pads first so you don’t rip ‘em off when removing the tape!
- Finally, if you’re cool with the lack of support but are not keen on showing your nipples off to the world, invest in a pair of nipple pasties to stop any unwanted protrusions.
Be bright and beautiful in this green halterneck maxi dress
Now go forth and slay in your long backless dress or short halterneck dress. Don’t own one? Take a look at our selection here at WhatLovely and make sure you’ve got at least one of this season’s must have dresses in your closet!
Click on this pretty rainbow sundress to see the details
Let us know your thoughts in the comments. Or do you have any tips for wearing a backless dress with or without a bra? Share them with us and the rest of the readers!